Terms of Attendance and Participation
Last Revised: February 8, 2023
As a registered attendee or participant ("you") in Groceryshop 2023 (the "Event") you agree to these terms and conditions (collectively, the "Agreement") with Groceryshop, LLC ("Groceryshop"). If you are completing the registration on behalf of another individual, you warrant that you have made the attendee or participant aware of this Agreement and that he or she has accepted these terms and conditions.
- Admittance. Your registration entitles you only to admittance to the Event. All other costs associated with your attendance (e.g., travel and accommodation expenses) shall be borne solely by you, and Groceryshop shall have no liability for such costs.
- Use of Likeness. By attending the Event you grant Groceryshop the right at the Event to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from or any payment to you.
- Event Content. Groceryshop, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Event, including but not limited to, the Event name, themes, content, programs, speakers, moderators, venue and time.
- Identification. At time of check in, you must provide a form of photo identification.
- Attendee Badge Usage. Attendee badges must be worn at all times in Event areas.
- Visa Requirements. It is solely your responsibility to comply with any government visa requirements and failure to do so does not constitute a basis for a refund.
- Attendee Requirements:
- You will treat our staff, visitors, other customers and service providers with fairness, integrity, dignity and respect.
You will respect the values, beliefs, cultures and religions of such persons.
You will comply with all reasonable instructions given by our employees whilst participating in our events.
- You will treat our staff, visitors, other customers and service providers with fairness, integrity, dignity and respect.
- No form of harassment, victimization, bullying, discrimination or threatening, malicious or abusive language or conduct will be tolerated towards our staff, visitors, other customers or service providers.
- Limitations on Use. By registering, you agree not to share, transfer, sell or trade your badge. If you violate this policy, Groceryshop may cancel your attendance and retain any payments.
- Photography, Recording, and Videotaping. You may not record audio or video of sessions at the Event. Groceryshop allows cameras on the show floor. You may take pictures within the show for purposes of company or annual reports, company media pieces, marketing materials, etc.
- Denial of Admission. Groceryshop reserves the right to deny admission to anyone for any reason.
- Payment. Applicable fees are due upon registration. If payment is insufficient or declined for any reason, Groceryshop may refuse to admit you and shall have no resulting liability.
- Taxes. Fees may be subject to sales tax, value added tax, or other taxes and duties, which, if applicable, will be charged to you in addition to the fees.
- No Retroactive Fees Adjustments. Once you have registered, your fees will not be adjusted downward based on any sponsorship, discount or any other reason.
- Discount and Special Rates. There are no special rates for daily attendance, expo hall-only attendance, etc. Only full conference tickets are available. If you register using a special rate that is not applicable to you, or that you subsequently become ineligible for (for example you register for an Employees in Transition ticket, but before the Event you secure a new role), you hereby give Groceryshop the right (in its sole discretion) to either (1) charge your card for the difference upon notice to you that Groceryshop does not agree with your selection of a special rate, or (2) cancel your ticket and registration. All determinations of special rates are at the sole discretion of Groceryshop. Even if you meet the definition and requirements of a special rate, Groceryshop reserves the right to not provide you any special rate.
- Discount Codes. No discount codes will be honored for onsite attendance. Discount codes may not be used with certain promotions.
Cancellation, Substitution and Lost Badge Policy
- Attendee Fees are Nonrefundable. Groceryshop does not refund fees.
- No Carry Over Fees. There will be no carry over of registrations or fees to subsequent events.
- No Subsequent Speaker Refunds. Paid attendees that later join as speakers are not entitled to a refund of attendee fees paid.
- Badge Issuance. Once you have received your badge on site, it cannot be changed, substituted or reissued to a different person.
- No Conversion to Sponsor Pass. Registered attendees cannot convert their passes to complimentary sponsor passes.
- Substitutions. Ticket transfers to other individuals from your organization are possible using the Groceryshop platform.
- All intellectual property rights in and to the Event, the Event content, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Event are owned by Groceryshop or the Event sponsors or speakers at the Event. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks (including without limitation "Groceryshop") or other trade names appearing at the Event, in any Event content or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Event for any reason without the prior written permission of Groceryshop.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by Groceryshop; nor does this Agreement grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of Groceryshop, all of which shall at all times remain the exclusive property of Groceryshop.
Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability
- Groceryshop gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Event or any materials related thereto or offered at the Event and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. The Event is provided on an "as-is" basis. Groceryshop does not accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any aspect of the Event or any information provided at the Event.
- Except as required by law, Groceryshop shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event or other aspect related thereto or in connection with this Agreement.
- The maximum aggregate liability of Groceryshop for any claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Event or this Agreement, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to the amount paid by you to Groceryshop under this Agreement.
- Groceryshop's failure to exercise any right shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights. Groceryshop shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations where such failure results from any cause beyond Groceryshop's reasonable control. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary for this Agreement to otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by you except with Groceryshop's prior written consent. Groceryshop may sub-license, transfer, sell or assign this Agreement and/or any of its purported obligations hereunder at any time to any person or entity, with or without notice. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and State courts located in the State of New York.
- A party that substantially prevails in an action brought under this Agreement is entitled to recover from the other party its reasonable attorneys' fees and costs. Both parties agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein.
- Neither party shall be liable for any failure to fulfill its obligations under this agreement due to causes beyond its control, including but not limited to, fire, earthquake, explosion or other casualty, riot, or civil commotion, act of government or governmental instrumentality (whether federal, state or local), war, act of terrorism, failure of performance by a common carrier, failure in whole or in part of third party technical facilities (e.g., an Internet hosting company), act of God, epidemic, pandemic or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of such party (a "Force Majeure Event"). Without limiting the foregoing, Groceryshop shall not be liable for the cancellation or postponement of the Event for a period longer than twelve (12) months, as a result of any such Force Majeure Event, and your sole and exclusive remedy under will be the reimbursement of the ticket fee.
- No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you acknowledge that you do not have any authority of any kind to bind Groceryshop in any respect whatsoever.
Terms of Participation for Groceryshop's Meetings Program
- Registration deadlines. If you register your ticket before midnight of Friday August 25, 2023, your Groceryshop 2023 ticket entitles you to inclusion in Groceryshop's Meetings Program ("Meetings Program"). No extensions or exceptions can be granted to this deadline and no refunds will be provided for individuals who want to participate but do not register their ticket before the deadline. Participating in the Meetings Program is optional.
Individuals from Sponsor organizations who will be designated as Hosted Meetings Representatives must register before midnight of Friday August 25, 2023 (only applies to Sponsors who have purchased Hosted Meetings).
- Deadlines are subject to change at the discretion of Groceryshop.
- Pre-Event process and timelines. Groceryshop will provide you with clear guidelines and instructions on the inputs required from you (and associated deadlines) preceding the Event as part of the Meetings Program. These inputs and timelines are needed in order to ensure that you and other Meetings Program participants have the best experience. Failure to provide inputs on a timely basis will result in a sub-optimal experience for you at the Meetings Program and may result in your inability to participate in the Meetings Program. Groceryshop takes no responsibility for failure to follow these guidelines resulting in a sub-optimal experience.
- Meetings. All meetings that Groceryshop schedules are double opt-in (both participants must express interest in meeting each other) and subject to (1) the onsite availability indicated by participants, (2) interest levels, and (3) other scheduling factors. Groceryshop does not guarantee that participants will receive meetings.
- Logo. You will be able to upload and edit your organization's logo, for use prior to, during and following the event. We reserve the right to update, change or edit the logo for operational or technical reasons.
- Prohibited Conduct.
- Limitations on Use. You agree not to share, transfer, sell or trade your Meeting Program login credentials other than explicitly permitted by us in writing on our Website or otherwise. If you violate this policy, in addition to our other remedies available under applicable law, we may cancel your participation in the Meetings Program and/or the Event.
- Confidential Information: Individuals from your organization who participate in any element of the Meetings Program (including during the event, the pre-event process and any post-event actions) are required to follow the Guidelines provided by us. Participant lists shared as part of these programs shall be deemed to be Groceryshop, LLC's Confidential Information (as defined below) and are provided solely for your internal use to assist your participation in these programs. For the avoidance of doubt, participant lists should not be (1) shared with anyone else, (2) downloaded, or (3) used other than as described by us. Based on information received as part of Groceryshop, individuals from your organization cannot solicit participants (including individuals they are scheduled to meet prior to your meetings) outside of the event other than as we permit. If individuals from your organization breach this provision, your organization may be eliminated from further participation with no refund and blacklisted from future events.
- Denial of Access. We reserve the right to deny access to the Meetings Program to any person for any reason or no reason at all.